Response to Intervention-RtI
Response to Intervention (RtI) Defined by the Colorado Department of Education:
Response to Intervention is an approach that promotes a well-integrated system connecting general, compensatory, gifted and special education in providing high quality, standards-based instruction and intervention that is matched to students' academic, social-emotional and behavioral needs.
Core Principals of RtI-adopted from the Colorado Department of Education:
- ALL children can learn and achieve high standards as a result of effective teaching.
- All students must have access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum and researched based instruction.
- Interveninig at the earliest indication of need is necessary for student success(Pre K-12)
- A comprehensive system of tiered interventions is essential for addressing the full range of student needs.
- Student results improve when ongoing academic and behavioral performance data inform instructional decisions.
- Collaboration among educators, families and community members is the foundation for effective problem-solving and instructional decision making.
- On-going and meaningful involvement of families increases student success.
- All members of the school community must continue to gain knowledge and develop expertise in order to build capacity and sustainability of RtI.
- Effective leadership at all levels is crucial for the implementation of RtI
For more RtI resources, check out the Department of Instruction library. A complete list of books available and summaries of those books can be found in the drop-down menu under Weld Re-4 Staff Resources.
Response to Intervention Link from the CDE website
Response to Intervention Handbook 2011-2012
Elementary RtI District Team 2012.docx
Tier 1 Strategies for Classroom Teachers
Weld RE-4 Assessment/Intervention Form
Weld RE-4 Assessment/Intervention Form-Spanish
Online Resources for Teachers