Information on Meningitis
Health Effects of Energy Drinks on Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults
Immunization letter from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for Preschool, K-12
(Requirements 2014-2015 School Year)
- Parent Immunization Letter, K-12, 2014-2015
- Parent Immunization Letter, K-12, 2014-2015, Spanish version
- Parent Immunization Letter, Preschool/Child Care, 2014-2015
- Parent Immunization Letter, Preschool/Child Care, 2014-2015, Spanish version
Winter Safety Tips
- From the National Federation of State High School Association, Sports Medicine Advisory Committee, and Minnesota Department of Health provided by Dr. Jonathan Karey Sports Related Skin Infections.pdf
Reliable Sources of Immunization Information - Where you can go to find answers!
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Information
School Registered Nurses:
School nursing is a specialized practice that advances the well-being, academic success and life-long achievement of students. Definition adopted at the National Association of School Nurses Board of Directors meeting, June 1999.
Windsor School District, Weld RE-4, has two School Registered Nurses who serve our preschool - high school students. Responsibilities include providing direct care to students, promoting a healthy school environment, reviewing parent provided student health information, developmenting and implementing health care plans for students, supervising health aides, delegating medication administration and procedures to unlicensed staff, conducting vision/hearing screenings and referring as appropriate, teaching in the classrooms, collaborating with the special education team, serving on a variety of committees/teams, and consulting with outside agencies as needed.
Health Aide Responsibilities:
Each health room is staffed by a qualified health aide who has annual CPR/First Aide training and specific medication training for school employees. The health aides are also knowledgeable regarding immunization requirements, common health conditions, communicable diseases and growth/development. They are available to answer your questions and are able to get in touch with the School Nurses at all times.